Welcome to the Wigwam Series
Based on a sense of place, drama and adventure
LET'S GET BACK OUT THERE!
Choose your Adventure Below!
This months adventure starts in Taos, New Mexico. Did you know there are over 40 different kinds museums and galleries in this small community? I just picked some of my favorites.
Scroll down to explore new venues and perspectives on the past, present and future as well as delicious food to savor and comfortable lodging to renew your spirit and zest for life!
Taos is Art!
Magnificent Museums in Taos, NM
Choose Your Adventure:
- Harwood Museum of Art– The Harwood Museum of Art is located in Taos, New Mexico. Founded in 1923 by the Harwood Foundation, it is the second oldest art museum in New Mexico. Its collections include a wide range of Hispanic works and visual arts from the Taos Society of Artists, Taos Moderns, and contemporary artists-Celebrating 100 years in 2023.
- Taos Art Museum at Fechin House– Plan your visit, there are gala tickets, Fechin house exhibitions- (paintings are exhibited for the first time in 60 yrs.) Also a museum store, or you can join the museum for extra benefits.
- Mabel Dodge Luhan Historic House– The Mabel Dodge Luhan House, also known as the Big House, is a historic house at 240 Morada Lane in Taos, New Mexico, United States. It was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1991. It is now used as a hotel and conference center.
- Millicent Rogers Museum– This art museum in Taos, New Mexico, founded in 1956 by the family of Millicent Rogers. Initially the artworks were from the multi-cultural collections of Millicent Rogers and her mother, Mary B. Rogers, who donated many of the first pieces of Taos Pueblo art. In the 1980s, the museum was the first cultural organization in New Mexico to offer a comprehensive collection of Hispanic art.
- Lodging- El Monte Sagrado, The Historic San Geronimo Lodge, Desert Flower Boutique Hotel, Casa Gallina-Casitas
- Dining- Michael’s Kitchen Restaurant and Bakery, Medley, Lambert’s of Taos, Orlando’s New Mexican Cafe
Additional Excursions: Love Massages? Visit TaosRocks-Hot Stone Therapy with Ana Chavez. 575-779-2233, taosrocks.com or firstname.lastname@example.org- She’s the best!
Taos CranialSacral Therapist with Madrona Bourdeau, 575-779-7571 or email@example.com, taoscranial.com– Madrona is awesome too!
More events to explore in Taos :https://taos.org/events/calendar/